[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn trouble

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:31:56 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Well, if that's what it says, then yes. We can certainly add support
> for manipulating nft too, but so far the APIs fo that appeared much
> less convincing to me, and quite a bit more exotic.

The user space tools for nft are much nicer than iptables, so I think
they do provide a significant benefit. I would appreciate not having
to go back to iptables:-)

The exact command line I am running is this (straight out of systemctl
cat systemd-nspawn at vm.service, *THANKS* to whoever implemented that!):

ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-nspawn --quiet --keep-unit --boot --ephemeral \
    --machine=vm \
    --network-veth \
    --bind=/mnt/raid0/data/ftp:/mnt/ftp

/var/lib/machines is a normal read-write btrfs snapshot. vm is a
read-only snapshot.

It starts fine when vm is read-write.

Best Regards,
Tobias