[systemd-devel] Needs help for on charging activation

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Apr 22 08:35:01 PDT 2015

On Mon, 09.03.15 23:21, WaLyong Cho (walyong.cho at samsung.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to find best solution on our case. Our product is mobile device.
> But I don't think that is only problem of mobile device. That also can
> be problem of laptop. So, please comment to me.
>
> We have some of services are always running after system is started up
> as default. They don't need to be running always. They are just needed
> only charger is plugged in.
> So I thought lets only active them when only charger is plugged in.

[...]

> Is there any more good way for this?
> I want to find best appropriate way.

We currently have no nice way to cover this I must say.

I figure the way how I would implement this is by having some power
daemon (upower?) activate a target or so when power comes or goes.

systemd alone does not cover this right now, and i doubt it
should. This should really be handled by an external daemon I think.