[systemd-devel] install Fedora systemd-nspawn container on btrfs

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 23 07:47:09 PDT 2015

On Thu, 23.04.15 14:18, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Pick one:
> >
> > a) download the raw image and use that, but it will be a loopback file
> > with its own file system inside
> >
> > or:
> >
> > b) do the dnf/yum install root thing, and install it into a directory
> > tree.
>
> I installed yum package on Arch but couldn't manage to do the install.
>
> # yum -y --releasever=22 --nogpg --installroot=/var/lib/machines/enl
> --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=fedora install systemd passwd dnf
> fedora-release-server
> Error getting repository data for fedora, repository not found
> # yum repolist all
> repolist: 0
>
> In fact, /etc/yum/repos.d is empty, so I am not surprised.

Of course, you could use the .raw image, mount the extern btrfs volume
into it via nspawn's --bind= switch, then use yum inside of that
container to install into the btrfs volume. Then get rid of the .raw
image again, and you still have the btrfs volume that should be
bootable.

A bit complex, but you almost were there already... ;-)