[systemd-devel] udisks in systemd user-sessions (or kdbus in future)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 23 09:00:47 PDT 2015

On Mon, 09.03.15 12:32, Simon McVittie (simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk) wrote:

Sorry for the late response, still trying to process all the queued
emails.

> systemd/kdbus developers: is this consistent with how you think
> situations like this should work in the kdbus-based future?

Yes, I believe there is no point in trying to ever prohibit access
between sessions of the same user. That's not how UNIX works, and is
doomed to be pointless anyway.

So yeah, the logic should be that a process should be allowed to
access *any* disk that is on any seat the process' user is currently
*active* on, regardless in which precise session that process is or to
which actual seat that process' session is at attached.

If I log in once on seat A, and once on seat B, I should be able to
access A's devices from seat B the same way as B's. And from A I
should be able to access the devices of both A and B, too.

And there should only be a single PK action for this.