[systemd-devel] Failure(s) Building Systemd with "--enable-resolved"

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Thu Apr 23 09:43:17 PDT 2015

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote on 04/22/2015 04:29:18
PM:
> On Tue, 21.04.15 08:39, Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
> (Aaron_Wright at selinc.com) wrote:
>
> > I've been getting a few problems building systemd with
"--enable-resolved
> > ". Any help would be very welcomed. I don't have any problems when
> > compiling with "--disable-resolved".
> >
> > The first problem I got was this:
> >
> >   CCLD   libnss_resolve.la
> > libsystemd_internal_la-bus-message.o (symbol from plugin): warning:
memset
> > used with constant zero length parameter; this could be due to
transposed
> > parameters
> > /tmp/cc03x1nN.ltrans6.ltrans.o: In function
`bus_error_name_to_errno.4725
> > ':
> > cc03x1nN.ltrans6.o:(.text+0x12bb): undefined reference to
> > `__stop_BUS_ERROR_MAP'
> > cc03x1nN.ltrans6.o:(.text+0x12c2): undefined reference to
> > `__start_BUS_ERROR_MAP'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Kay made some changes to the build system for this. Can you check if
> this part works now for you?
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Red Hat

I cloned down the master branch yesterday and tried to build, but got:

"src/shared/random-util.c:26:22: fatal error: sys/auxv.h: No such file or
directory"

Which is new. Apparently "sys/auxv.h" was added in eglibc 2.16, and I'm
stuck with eglibc 2.15, so that's a new unrelated wrinkle.

So, I attempted to merge the changes that seemed to make sense from
Makefile.am on master to 219, which involved a lot of adding "
libsystemd-internal.la" to different places, and ordering "
libsystemd-shared.la" after it. Most of changes were in sections I'm not
using, due to my configuration arguments, and "libnss_resolve_la_LIBADD",
the failing library, already had both "libsystemd-internal.la" and
"libsystemd-shared.la" listed in libnss_resolve_la_LIBADD in the same
order as everyone else. Am I missing something? Should I be looking in a
different file, other than Makefile.am?

So, I haven't found a solution to this yet. It seems my problem is that my
build environment is too old for systemd. I won't be able to move to 220
because of eglibc 2.16 dependency, and I can't get libnss_resolve to
compile due to a bug in my old gcc 4.6. My environment is Ubuntu Precise,
which is a long term service edition.

My configuration arguments if anyone is curious:
                --disable-chkconfig \
                --disable-apparmor \
                --disable-xz \
                --disable-zlib \