[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn trouble

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:14:46 PDT 2015

Hello,

sorry (again) for the delay. I unfortunately can not check into this
as often as I would like:-(

Lennart: Thank you for that patch, that does indeed fix my issue with
read-only machine images.

The networking issue does work better when iptables are used. All I
needed to do was to make sure that packages from the VM are not
getting dropped in the forwarding chain. Is there a way for me to do
that automatically as interfaces to containers are created? I do not
want to just accept every machine talking to everything else.
Paranoia:-)

What I noticed though is that the VM has the google nameservers set
up. That came as a bit of a surprise: I had expected either the host
to be the only DNS server register (providing a DNS proxy) or at least
that the nameservers of the host will also be set in the VM. Is that a
know issue or are my expectations wrong?

Best Regards,
Tobias