[systemd-devel] importd assumes mkfs.btrfs is installed

Peter Paule systemd-devel at fedux.org
Sat Apr 25 12:07:05 PDT 2015

Hi Lennart,

I prepared a virtual machine to investigate the nginx-issue. This
virtual machine is very very basic and had no mkfs.btrfs installed and
no native btrfs-fs available.

When I tried to download a new dkr-image machine, I got the following
error. This error disappear after I installed the btrfs-progs.

  # machinectl pull-dkr --dkr-index https://index.hub.docker.com feduxorg/centos-nginx --verify=no
  Failed transfer image: mkfs.btrfs died abnormally.

I think in the current implementation there's no check if mkfs.btrfs is
really installed on the system.

Does it make sense to add a test and a helpful error message to importd?

Thanks a lot.

/pp