[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd and systemd-nspawn: missing host-side network

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:50:42 PDT 2015

Hello!

I've created a container with systemd-nspawn, "machinectl enable"d it, then
added machines.target to my default target (systemctl enable
machines.target) so that containers will be autostarted on boot. That works
so far.

But I discovered that systemd-networkd no longer configures my normal
ethernet device during boot (it's configured as dhcp client). It just
configures the ve-* device and that's it. After I manually restart networkd,
all links are configured.

Steps to reproduce:

$ cat /etc/systemd/network/80-dhcp.network
[Match]
Name=en*
[Network]
DHCP=yes
[DHCP]
UseDomains=true

$ cat /etc/systemd/network/90-veth.network
# This was added because otherwise after reboot, ve-XXXX is stuck in
# mode "configuring" when looking at networkctl, it changes nothing
# for the following behaviour, tho...
[Match]
Name=ve-*
[Network]
DHCP=no

$ machinectl enable test-machine
$ systemctl enable machines.target
$ systemctl reboot
...[rebooting]...

$ networkctl
IDX LINK             TYPE               OPERATIONAL SETUP
  1 lo               loopback           n/a         n/a
  2 enp4s0           ether              n/a         n/a
  3 sit0             sit                n/a         n/a
  4 ve-XXXX          ether              routable    configured

$ ifconfig
# shows only lo and ve-XXXX

$ systemctl restart systemd-networkd
$ networkctl
IDX LINK             TYPE               OPERATIONAL SETUP
  1 lo               loopback           carrier     unmanaged
  2 enp4s0           ether              routable    configured
  3 sit0             sit                off         unmanaged
  4 ve-XXXX          ether              routable    configured

--
Replies to list only preferred.