[systemd-devel] heads-up: chasing journal(?) related regression in 219 causing boot hang/fail

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon Apr 27 08:49:31 PDT 2015

Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> on Sat, 2015/04/11 10:38:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> Tobias Hunger [2015-04-11  2:17 +0200]:
> > did you make any progress with this bug? Apparently the same issue is
> > blocking systemd-219 from getting into arch linux (
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44016 ), so this seems to be a
> > wide-spread issue. Is anyone taking a serious look into this issue?
>
> Sorry, no, I was pretty busy with making systemd work good enough
> for the impending Debian and Ubuntu releases. A few weeks ago I mostly
> wanted to see whether this was specific to Debian/Ubuntu somehow, and
> I couldn't reproduce it in a VM with Fedora 21 plus dbus and systemd
> from rawhide. But in the meantime we got plenty of confirmations that
> it affects Fedora and now Arch, so I don't believe this is actually
> related to d-bus or something such.
>
> As for the actual lockup, I'm afraid I don't understand at all
> what is happening (I'm anot familiar at all with how journald
> interacts with other services and D-Bus/logind).
>
> So from my POV my best recommendation would be to revert commit
> 13790add4 upstream for now until this gets understood and fixed
> properly, especially if/when version 220 should be released. Breaking
> booting is much worse than not being able to restart journald.

Any news about this one?
Looks like everybody is waiting for a fix and nobody is working on it...

I do not know how to debug this. If I can help let me know.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)