[systemd-devel] pam_systemd.so indirectly calling pam_acct_mgmt

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 06:04:21 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 15:01 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 30.04.15 08:54, Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh at redhat.com)
> wrote:
>
> > Does set-linger persist across reboots?
>
> Yes it does. When a systemd is booted up with a user that has
> lingering on this means that his user at .service instance is invoked at
> boot, without waiting for any login.

One last question, Lennart: what is the primary use-case for the
linger feature? When is it expected that users would want to use it?
We (SSSD) need to make sure we have it tied to the right set of access
rights. At the moment, we're defaulting it to "Allow". If this is
expected to be useful only for running automated tasks when the user
isn't logged in, we should probably associate it with that set of
access rights instead of blindly allowing it.