[systemd-devel] I have installed systemd

noisyb at a6.25u.com noisyb at a6.25u.com
Sun Aug 2 05:58:44 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have installed systemd and must say I am impressed with the speed of a
reboot.
I did actually reboot my machine just to see how fast that goes. Nice
work. Thank you.

I heard that there is a little controversy going on. Mostly messages
from haters who are not as impressed by systemd as I am. So I don't care
about that. systemd is great.

But what really amazes me is how you guys are willing to take
/responsibility/ for almost everything except the kernel and the user
actions. I mean systemd does /everything/.

So with Lennart Poettering being the most visible. I would want to
address him personally:

Ich hoffe du guckst dir jede Aenderung in systemd persoenlich an.
Denn mit all den Abhaengigkeiten hast du da eine Menge Verantwortung auf
dich geladen.
Ist dir das bewusst? Wolltest du das? Denkst du an diese Verantwortung?
Wenn es irgendeine Sicherheitsluecke gibt die mit systemd zu tun hat
wird dein Name wahrscheinlich als erstes fallen.

I don't care about an answer. I am fine that this will /probably/ be
read by the right people. Their reactions or answers don't matter to me
and no further communication is necessary.

Dirk