[systemd-devel] Failed at step RUNTIME_DIRECTORY spawning /usr/bin/true: File exists

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Aug 6 05:26:53 PDT 2015

Am 06.08.2015 um 14:15 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Thu, 06.08.15 12:38, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

>>> Whether it is removed or not should not matter really, the code is
>>> completely fine already exists as long as the uid/gid/mode match (as
>>> mentioned before).
>>
>> no, the code is *not* fine
>>
>> "Failed at step RUNTIME_DIRECTORY spawning" for the *ExecStartPost* in
>> nonsense since it is already created *before* ExecStart
>
> See:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/896

thanks - hopefully there will be soon a fedora update

in the meantime i worked around that issue by remove the
RuntimeDirectory stuff from all mysql instances and just point the
pid-file which systemd don't need anyways to /dev/null

MariaDB seems to be happy with that........

[Service]
Type=simple
User=mysql
Group=mysql
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf
--pid-file=/dev/null
ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-wait-ready $MAINPID