[systemd-devel] ip_forward issue again

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 17 13:56:51 PDT 2015

Am 17.08.2015 um 22:51 schrieb Johannes Ernst:
> The strange "sysctl fails to setup IP forwarding #468”, closed after ordering systemd-sysctl and systemd-networkd, unfortunately still occurs for me.
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/468#issuecomment-117904714

since the timing was repeatly unpredictable i added the service below on
every machine years ago to re-execute sysctl *after* al network stuff
was started

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/systemd/system/sysctl-post-network.service
[Unit]
Description=apply settings after network
After=network.service systemd-networkd.service network-online.target
openvpn.service hostapd.service network-wlan-bridge.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sysctl -p