[systemd-devel] Calculating Web page loads accurately with systemd-nspawn's network-veth & Xorg

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Sun Aug 23 06:58:23 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I've managed to get Firefox running like so:

sudo systemd-nspawn --setenv=DISPLAY=:0 \
               --setenv=XAUTHORITY=~/.Xauthority \
               --bind-ro=$HOME/.Xauthority:/root/.Xauthority \
               -D ~/containers/firefox \
               firefox

However I want to have network isolation so I can calculate Web page
loads accurately. When I use --network-veth switch I get:

"""Error: Can't open display: :0""" type errors.

I assume it's because Xorg can't network to my local host's Xorg server.
Any tips how to manage this mapping?

I  need network isolation going for accurate measurements from $(grep
firefox /proc/net/dev), with hopefully _no Xorg traffic_ shown. :}

Many thanks,