[systemd-devel] Multi seats

Laércio de Sousa laerciosousa at sme-mogidascruzes.sp.gov.br
Fri Aug 28 04:37:31 PDT 2015

Hi Arnaud!

I've been researching systemd-based multi-seat setups with non-KMS video
drivers for a couple of years.

In principle, yes, you can set up a multi-seat system with proprietary
NVIDIA drivers, provided you:

* provide a suitable udev rule to tag your NVIDIA card as "master-of-seat"
(they are tagged by default if using Nouveau drivers). Examples:

    SUBSYSTEM=="drm", KERNEL=="card[0-9]*", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", DRIVERS
=="nvidia", TAG+="master-of-seat"

    SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", DRIVER=="nvidia", TAG+="seat"
, TAG+="master-of-seat"

* Have xorg-server 1.16 or newer installed

* Provide a suitable xorg.conf for your NVIDIA card, not forgetting to put
MatchSeat entries in Device/Screen/ServerLayout sections.

* Have LightDM 1.12 or newer installed (if you don't use GNOME)

Att.

> One year ago, I tried to setup multi seats, see this thread[0]. By
> that time, I gave up as my configuration was not made for such a
> fetaure.
> Now I am back with all the needed tools to do it easily (I think so):
> - Fedora 22
> - lightdm & GDM
> - an USB 3 plugable dockin station
>
> As good how-to on this topic are few, I wonder a few things:
> - is the proprietary Nvidia driver Ok or shall I indeed use Nouveau
> (my card is Nvidia one)?
> - are the lightdm/Xorg setup configuring accordingly or shall I edit
> manually the conf files?
>
> I understand the whole principle to $ loginctl attach seatNumber
> /device/apth.
>
> Thank you for a few hints.
>

> [0]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-August/022403.html
>
> --
>
> google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx

*Laércio de Sousa*
*Orientador de Informática*
*Escola Municipal "Professor Eulálio Gruppi"*
*Rua Ismael da Silva Mello, 559, Mogi Moderno*
*Mogi das Cruzes - SPCEP 08717-390*
Telefone: (11) 4726-8313