[systemd-devel] SHM parameters on nspawn containers

Chris Bell cwbell at narmos.org
Fri Aug 28 05:11:46 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-26 20:28, Florian Koch wrote:
> Ohne way is to use an More recent Kernel, with 3.16+ the Kernel
> defaults for These values where changed to  unlimeted

This worked. I booted the host with a 4.1 kernel, and the values were
appropriately high. Thanks!

On 2015-08-27 18:18, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Would be happy to take a patch that automatically propagates these
> values from the host into the container.

While it would add a limited-case convenience to patch in this
functionality, I'm not sure how necessary/beneficial it will be overall,
since newer kernels apparently make this a non-issue.

Also, I ended up swapping out the CentOS7 guest with an Arch guest; my
host systemd did not seem to like interfacing with the older (v208)
systemd on CentOS. (And, 208 doesn't have networkd.) Everything's
working swimmingly well, now.

Thanks!

--Chris