[systemd-devel] Backport git notes

Lukáš Nykrýn lnykryn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 05:46:41 PDT 2015

Lennart Poettering píše v Čt 27. 08. 2015 v 18:02 +0200:
> Heya,
>
> I used to add "Backport: bugfix" style "git notes" to systemd commits
> I deemed backport-worthy. These headers have not been added to any
> commits since we moved to github (primarily, because the notes
> weren't
> ported over for quite some time). Nobody complained about this. Which
> makes me wonder if anyone actually cares.
>
> Zbigniew, Michael, Martin, Lukasz, Michal, do you actually care for
> these git notes? Did you ever use them? Did you even know about them?
>
> If nobody cares I can stop doing the work for them, of course, and
> less work I always like.
>
> The git notes usage in our repo is documented here:
>
> https://wiki.freedesktop.org/www/Software/systemd/Backports/
>
> Lennart

We have never did "mass backport", because most of them were irrelevant
for our ancient systemd in rhel. It is handy when I am looking for some
bugfix in upstream and the first step was to go through such patches.

By the way it might be a good topic for the conference to talk about
systemd and LTS distributions. Our 208 was quite un-maintainable just
after two years. Maybe LTS ubuntus and Debian stable will have similar
issues.

Lukas