[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 10 08:01:27 PST 2015

 > only wanted to maintain a single unit file but cross
 > distribution compatibility and the importance of it
 > is something you dont seem to be capable of grasping
 > since the only use cases that matters is the one that
 > is specific and relevant to you"

no, but you don't grasp that options for systemd-units as well as units
itself are not only relevant for distributions or upstream but also
heavily used by sysadmins and that you have *no bussiness* to tell
somebody "something you do via"

you are free to do that when someone asks for new features, but not in
case of a planned regression - nothing else is taking features and
options away