[systemd-devel] XSLT error compiling systemd

Andrew Thompson andrewthompson10 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:43:53 PST 2015

With a new install of Fedora server, I'm having trouble building systemd
documentation. It's driving me crazy.

I've been able to fix this problem by editing the Makefile by hand, and
removing the "--no-net" flag from the XSLT build command, but that is less
than ideal. Has anyone run into this problem? What is the preferred way to
fix it? Below is the error message I'm getting at the end of the output
from "make":

  XSLT     man/bootup.7
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity "
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
compilation error: file ./man/custom-man.xsl line 27 element import
xsl:import : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
Makefile:22089: recipe for target 'man/bootup.7' failed