[systemd-devel] rsyslog not starting inside a namespace when started using systemd.

Navneet Sinha nnavneetsinha1001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:08:52 PST 2015

Ok, let me add some more detail.
At the start, I have following ExecStart in my rsyslog.service
ExecStart=/sbin/rsyslogd -n

then, somewhere during the boot up. I change this to
ExecStart=/sbin/ip netns exec $NSNAME /sbin/rsyslogd -n ( using sed command
)

then, I do a "systemctl --system daemon-reload"
and then I restart rsyslog.service and I see start seeing those failure as
mentioned in the logs given by me in the previous mails.

Thanks
Navneet