[systemd-devel] Does Systemd also mount sysfs, procfs?

Chaiken, Alison alison at she-devel.com
Thu Dec 17 23:59:35 PST 2015

mountainlion0523 at gmail.com asks:
> > does it mean '/sys' is already mounted before '/sbin/init' is executed?

Precisely.  /proc and /sys are created by the Linux kernel before
userspace represented by 'Pid Eins" even starts.  /proc and /sys are
'virtual filesystems' that the kernel employs to communicate to
userspace.

> I know it is very basic question for linux programmer, but please give
> me
> some answer about this.

You figured it out yourself: good work.  For authoritative info, look at

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/

under proc.txt and sysfs.txt.

HTH,
Alison

---
Alison Chaiken                      alison at she-devel.com, 650-279-5600
http://{ she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org }
"There is expressive potential in not being together." -- Mark Volkert,
Assistant Concertmaster, San Francisco Symphony