[systemd-devel] How to debug machinectl shell?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:13:07 PST 2015

Hello List,

I am running on arch-linux, using systemd 228 and have a machine
started using systemd-nspawn. It shows up in machinectl list. I can
machinectl login MACHINE into this machine, but when I try to run
machinectl shell MACHINE I only get this:

Failed to get shell PTY: Cannot set property
StandardInputFileDescriptor, or unknown property.

Attached you will find a strace -f output from my machine.

Google did not suggest any hint on how to proceed. Does somebody have
some hints for me?

Best Regards,
Tobias