[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:01:51 PST 2015

On 12/23/2015 12:43 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Just to clarify that. I think EnvironmentFile= was a mistake, and I
> explained why. But then again, I am not planning to remove it, and I
> never suggested that.

What usescases do you see for it's existence.

FYI the longer you take fixing your mistakes the harder it will get.

Arguably you should have a deprecation policy that is aligned on par
with the feature introduction otherwise it can get nearly impossible
longer down the line with the building blocks of the core/baseOS to
deprecate anything.

Especially if you have fallen into the trap of "waiting for the right
time" since there exist no such thing.

JBG