[systemd-devel] mknod forbidden in systemd-nspawn container

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:12:57 PST 2015

> My goal is to have a light container able to build a software that runs in a light container (actually in a legacy chroot). And one of the first steps is to debootstrap a virgin system. Is this use case possible ?

Maybe try --variant=fakechroot ? Haven't tested this but my guess is
that if that is the button to push to persuade debootstrap to run as
normal user, maybe in this mode it's also smart enough not to try
creating device nodes. (Unpacking its devices.tar.gz file.) If you
can't persuade debootstrap, though, there's multistrap also.