[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Sat Dec 26 11:09:36 PST 2015

On 12/26/2015 06:58 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 26.12.2015 um 19:52 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O):
>
> i am capable to write my configs by hand withoput babysitting by
> Puppet or something else

What a macho man!

Guess what: those of us who use configuration systems also write configs
by hand.  We just aren't tied to deficient workarounds like the one
you're clinging so hard to.

> - why sould i introduce security holes and making things more complex
> than needed all over my environment when i know what i am doing?

I never told you to use Puppet.  I wouldn't use it myself.

The Ansible configuration I wrote here in another email for you, happens
to work perfectly for your use case, does not require to install any
sort of new daemons or services or cronjobs, and has the benefit that
you can version it like any other normal piece of code (because
configuration IS code, just not executable code).

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/