[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 26 11:10:02 PST 2015

Am 26.12.2015 um 20:04 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O):
> On 12/16/2015 09:47 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> because i know how to configure servers and don't need handholding
>> tools since i develop my own admin backends for many years and
>> services helping on repeatly needed taks but don't chain me to a
>> limited subset of the supported options
>
> Ah.
>
> So the others were right -- you don't want to learn something new
> because you're so set in your ways, you have your own in-house stuff
> that you don't want to replace by learning something new.

i learn enough new all the time

> Even the expression you use for professional systems -- "handholding
> tools" -- reveals your contempt for what you don't know.

i know more than you can imagine

> This is the perfect picture of the systemd hater

systemd hater?

ah, that must be the reason why i migrated Fedora sysvinit-scripts long
before most maintainers on our installs and use systemd-features most
package maintainers even don't know and systemd-upstream don#t test well
(otherwise things like ReadOnlyDirectories=/var/lib combined with
ReadWriteDirectories=-/var/lib/smokeping would not have been broken
horrible in Fedora 21)