[systemd-devel] systemctl enable myunit.service ---> Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument (bobafetthotmail)

bobafetthotmail starshipeleven at hotmail.it
Wed Dec 30 09:53:17 PST 2015

On 12/29/2015 09:16 PM, Chaiken, Alison wrote:
> bobafetthotmail <starshipeleven at hotmail.it> writes:
>> Finally found a workaround, bypassing systemctl.
>
> [ . . . ]
>
>> ln -s /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.service
>> /lib/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/folder2ram.service
>
> [ . . . ]
>
>> On 12/13/2015 07:09 PM, bobafetthotmail wrote: Hi, it's me again. :)
>>
>> I made a systemd unit called "folder2ram.service", with these
>> contents:
>>
>> ------
>> [Unit]
>> Description=folder2ram systemd service
>>
>> [Service]
>> Type=oneshot
>> ExecStart=/sbin/folder2ram -mountall
>> ExecStop=/sbin/folder2ram -umountall
>> RemainAfterExit=yes
>>
>> [Install]
>> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> I'm curious: did you try
>
>    WantedBy=local-fs.target
>
> in your unit file rather than multi-user.target?   Once you've created
> the symlink by hand, does 'systemctl disable' then work?
>
> FWIW, I've had no problem creating my own unit files and enabling them
> on Jessie.
>
> Best wishes,
> Alison
>
> ---
> Alison Chaiken                      alison at she-devel.com, 650-279-5600
> http://{ she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org }
> "Democracy is the original crowd-sourcing." -- Philip Tetlock,
> _Superforecasting_

Yes, my current is with "WantedBy=local-fs.target" also because that's
better for what the script does (the less programs are active when it
swaps things, the better).

"Systemctl disable folder2ram" says that it has removed the symlink, but
it doesn't remove it.

Only way to disable my unit is delete the symlink by hand.

-Albert