[systemd-devel] Second (erroneous) check of rootfs?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 2 15:44:04 PST 2015

On Tue, 03.02.15 00:27, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net) wrote:

> On Thu, 08.01.15 16:34, Harald Hoyer (harald.hoyer at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > IMHO
> >
> > systemd-fsck-root.service should be removed entirely and generated by the
> > fstab-generator in the real root like all the other mount points.
>
> Well, we also need it if there's no /etc/fstab...
>

> > OR
> >
> > fstab-generator should create systemd-fsck-root.service for the /sysroot
> > mountpoint in the initrd, which then will be serialized.
>
> That sounds like a good idea.

I take that back.

By which I mean that after reading the thread again I think that this
is probably the way to go:

The fstab generator should enqeue an s-f at .s for the root device as
usual, when it runs in an initrd. However, it should also create a
mask file for s-f-r.s in /run, so that it is not executed after the
transition.

This should be a one-line fix pretty much, and we don't need any flag
file.

Does that make sense?

Would be happy to take a tested patch for this!