[systemd-devel] DefaultDependencies=false on scopes

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 3 10:20:25 PST 2015

On Mon, 15.12.14 17:44, Brandon Philips (brandon at ifup.co) wrote:

> Hello-
>
> How is a user supposed to disable DefaultDependencies on a scope? From
> the docs it seems like it should work:
>
> "Unless DefaultDependencies=false is used, scope units will implicitly
> have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on
> shutdown.target."

Well, currenlty not all our props are exposed for transient units
yet. Many are, but we were too lazy to add them all. If you need more
properties, then let me know, and we can add them.

I have added DefaultDependencies= for you now:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=261420ba2a20305ad271b6f5f380aa74c5c9dd50

> But, in practice:
>
> systemd-run --scope --property="DefaultDependencies=false" /usr/bin/sleep 50000
> Unknown assignment DefaultDependencies=false.
> Failed to create message: Invalid argument

This works now.