[systemd-devel] Something is removing links from my *.wants/ directory

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 3 15:33:05 PST 2015

On Sat, 13.12.14 07:36, Adam Papai (wooh at wooh.hu) wrote:

> Yeah, something similar is happening. If I edit the container.target and
> add the Wants= instead of creating the .wants directory it works well.
>
> I think the preset-all is "syncing" the config with the .wants directory as
> well and removes all links which are not defined in the config. So editing
> the unit file solved my issue.

You could alternatively pre-gernate a machine ID in /etc/machine-id
using "systemd-machine-id-setup". If the file is missing systemd will
assume an unpopulated /etc, and run preset-all as first step.

I figure we should also change systemd though to ensure that
preset-all in that case is purely additive, and does not delete any
units. Added this to the TODO list for now.