[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 2 commits - TODO src/core src/shared

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Feb 3 17:10:44 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 04:47:44PM -0800, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>  TODO             |   15 +++++++++++++++
>  src/core/main.c  |    2 --
>  src/shared/log.c |    4 +++-
>
> New commits:
> commit 5e07a79e84ab8b045b9df1a2719f14fc84471a1d
> Author: Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
> Date:   Wed Feb 4 01:42:49 2015 +0100
>
>     core: don't reset log level to NOTICE if we get quiet on the kernel cmdline
>
>     quiet should really just have an effect on the stuff we dump on the
>     console, not what we log elsewhere.
>
>     Hence:
>
>             debug on kernel cmdline ??? interpreted by every tool, turns up
>             log levels to "debug" everywhere.
Actually I find this quite annoying in practice. Command line tools
also obey this, spewing stuff on the terminal. If debug settings are
specified on the commandline, there's no nice way to "unspecify" them.

Maybe we could amend the rule to only turn on debug in things started
in system services?

Zbyszek