[systemd-devel] slow systemd-networkd DHCP client on wlan0 with systemd v217

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Feb 4 13:36:56 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Patrik Flykt
<Patrik.Flykt at linux.intel.com> wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 17:27 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> > Is the resume event detected somehow in systemd?
>>
>> The kernel unfortunately provides no API for this right now. However,
>> if logind is the one suspending the machine, then it sends out a
>> PrepareForSleep() signal before doing so. systemd-resolved already
>> hooks into that:
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/resolve/resolved-bus.c#n684
>>
>> Tom mentioned he's already looking into adding similar code to
>> networkd to handle this properly.
>
> Latest upstream works fine for me. Links break at suspend and are
> enabled at restore with PrepareForSleep() handled. Both versions of DHCP
> properly stop and start at these events.

Yeah, so on all the hardware I had tried so far we got proper
IFF_LOWER_{DOWN,UP} events on suspend/resume. Turns out that is not
always the case, so added the logic to listen for logind for this.
Please let me know if anyone notices problems.

Cheers,

Tom