[systemd-devel] help with compiling systemd-218 library only 32-bit multilib host

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 10 02:04:58 PST 2015

On Mon, 09.02.15 13:25, lux-integ (lux-integ at btconnect.com) wrote:

> however I found hard links to /usr/lib even when when passes
> --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 for the 64bit build

Yeah, /usr/lib64 is the place for 64bit versions of shared objects on
multilib 32/64 hosts. Everything that is not a library stays in
/usr/lib, even if multilib is used. (except on Gentoo, because the
Gentoo folks don't understand multilib and think if a path has "64" in
it, it must be better... ;-) )

If you only build for x86-64 then you could as well not use multilib
at all and avoid having /usr/lib64 at all...