[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 219

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 17 15:30:09 PST 2015

Lennart Poettering wrote on 17/02/15 10:08:
>> > mount something-else /foo
>> > systemctl start foo.mount
> In this case the second line is a NOP, since the first line already
> mounted something on /foo, and thus made foo.mount active.

So, even if foo.mount (the actual unit file) specifies it's
What=something (not What=something-else) the fact that *anything* is
mounted to /foo is sufficient to make the foo.mount unit active?

This seems somewhat counter-intuitive to me. I can understand why from
an implementation perspective - the mount units are all geared around
the mountpoint not the What=, but it's certainly not what I'd expect as
a user.

Wouldn't it be better if there was some other state - e.g. "conflict" if
something other than the desired device was mounted to the specified
destination?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie