[systemd-devel] Updating existing docker image via machinectl

Peter Paule systemd-devel at fedux.org
Fri Feb 20 04:37:28 PST 2015

Zitat von Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:

> If you invoke pull-dkr again, you can remove and replace the writable
> snapshot with "--force", or you can simply give it a new name by
> specifying it at the end of the command line.
>
> dkr doesn't know the concept of updating containers that have already
> been written to. Hence this logic.
>
> Hope that makes sense?
Thanks for the quick reply. That works for me. I was not aware about
this. Maybe we can add a short hint about "updating" for containers to
the manual? Or maybe even add a convenience method like update-dkr?

BTW:
On Arch Linux there's gpgme available and it uses gpg2 as backend. Is
this library a way to get over the gpg1/gpg2 issue(s)? I must admit
I've never used it and don't know any of its caveats.

   core/gpgme 1.5.3-1 [installed]
       A C wrapper library for GnuPG