[systemd-devel] feature request: dlopen

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 22 14:42:18 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no such dependency in Debian either [1].
> Luke simply has no idea what he is talking about.
> It would be great if Luke did some basic research and educate himself
> and not spread such misinformation.

 michael,

 greg's approach is something that i'm going to ask you to learn from:
it was exemplary.  he trusted that i had done the research, questioned
how i had arrived at the conclusion that i had, indicated implicitly
that he wanted to verify the research himself, and presented me with
an opportunity to provide him with the method by which he could do
that, when i had *deliberately* chosen, as a way to reduce the length
of an already-long post, to not pollute it with unnecessary commands.
commands which, conceivably, could be interpreted as trying to teach
highly experienced programmers how to suck eggs, and given the level
of competence of the people on this list i decided it would be a good
idea to trust in people's expertise implicitly.

in complete contrast, what you are saying - some of this is actually
explicit rather than implicit - is that i cannot be trusted, i am
incapable of doing basic research, i am illiterate, undereducated,
incompetent, deluded, unable to assess my own mental state and degree
of expertise, unable to learn, and, perhaps worst of all, willing to
waste other people's time by even talking to them.

would that be an accurate assessment of what you wished to convey?

if that is the case, i have to ask: what on earth are your motives for
making such views so plainly clear on this list?  what do you hope to
achieve by saying what you did, in the way that you said it?

can i leave you to think about that?

l.