[systemd-devel] nilfs-cleanerd startup on boot

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Feb 28 10:33:48 PST 2015

On Fri, 27.02.15 18:31, dennis.murata at wipro.com (dennis.murata at wipro.com) wrote:

> I have a fedora 21 system that where I mount an nilfs2 file system.
> I use a simple /etc/modules-load.d/nilfs.conf file to load the
> kernel module and have an entry in the fstab.

Creating the modules-load.d snippet should not be necessary, as the
kernel should autoload the kernel module for it when it is first required.

> The file system mounts on boot as it should, but the nilfs-cleanerd
> program does not startup.  If I umount /nilfs then mount /nilfs the
> nilfs-cleanerd program starts as it should to cleanup the
> checkpoints.

How is that daemon supposed to be started? Is it forked off /bin/mount?

> Does systemd use a different mount program at boot?

It uses /bin/mount for mounting normal file systems.

> Is there something else that should be included other than the
> nilfs.conf file?  I have just started using a system with systemd as
> the init so please forgive my ignorance.

I have no idea about nilfs really, and we had no reports about any
problems with it before.