[systemd-devel] Second (erroneous) check of rootfs?

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 03:11:25 PST 2015

В Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:43:34 +0300
Nikolai Zhubr <n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru> пишет:

> > Uh. Why not simply mount rootfs rw in initrd then?
>
> I'm not against generally. But it'd mean that this first mount is
> actually a real mount, the fs will start up in full. Then I'd suppose it
> is definitely a must to supply all necessary mount options (from fstab)
> at this stage already. I don't easily see how to do this currently, at
> least on my opensuse system.

By adding all needed options to rootflags="..." (modify
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and possibly GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_RECOVERY
in /etc/default/grub; you can use yast for it).

Otherwise it is functional gap between non-systemd and systemd
enabled dracut. Without systemd dracut will actually mount root
read-only, then fetch mount options from real root /etc/fstab and then
remount real root read-write using correct options. This all got lost
when converting to systemd.