[systemd-devel] Second (erroneous) check of rootfs?

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 11 06:07:24 PST 2015

Hi,
11.01.2015 15:54, Andrei Borzenkov:
> It's no more ugly than using privately patched distribution package. I
> did not suggest it as long term generic solution.

Yes, absolutely. Therefore I'm reading all the answers to find a
reasonable workaround and avoid whatever ugly patching.

>>> Otherwise it is functional gap between non-systemd and systemd
>>> enabled dracut. Without systemd dracut will actually mount root
>>> read-only, then fetch mount options from real root /etc/fstab and then
>>> remount real root read-write using correct options. This all got lost
>>> when converting to systemd.
>>
>> Hmm, can not find any dracut-specific mailing list to ask. Apparently
>> there is none :(
>
> There is; you keep removing it from Cc.

Oh. Sorry! :(

[...]
> Even if you add additional parsing of in-initrd /etc/fstab, it still
> means you need to regenerate initrd every time you change /etc/fstab so
> you still have the same problem as when explicitly adding rootflags -
> keeping both in sync :)

Well, doing "mkinitrd" is not a problem? It has to be rerun in case of
some other changes too. And Yast anyway has to know when it is necessary
to run mkinitrd in order to apply changes I'd suppose? (I'm trying to
check this now; I think I recall Yast used to be quite smart about it)

Thank you,
Nikolai