[systemd-devel] Second (erroneous) check of rootfs?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jan 11 21:22:16 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 8:29 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> В Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:45:17 -0700
>> Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> пишет:

>>> So the reason it's mounting all file systems ro by default appears to
>>> be strictly because of the ro kernel parameter in the grub.cfg as
>>> created by grub-mkconfig.
>>
>> Again - when using mount-root.sh it will
>>
>> - *always* mount real root ro
>> - fetch other mount options from real root /etc/fstab
>> - remount real root rw with correct mount options applied
>>
>> This all got lost if you use standard systemd-fstab-generator +
>> systemd-fsck services.
>
> I don't agree with this, but here is a journalctl -b -l -o
> short-monotonic output from Fedora 21 [1], with
> systemd.log_level=debug rd.debug set. I do not see any reference to
> mount-root.sh from dracut. What I see is systemd honoring kernel
> parameter ro.

(I hit some key that made gmail send before the mail was done.)
Anyway, this is what I'm getting:

[   11.956890] f21v.localdomain systemd[257]: Executing: /bin/mount -n
/dev/disk/by-uuid/f3332d09-65f9-48c5-8539-c2b9ec8c75b4 /sysroot -t
auto -o subvol=root,ro

And no reference to mount-root.sh. This isn't new behavior in Fedora
21, Fedora 20 is the same and I think going back more versions too.
There are numerous instances of systemd-fstab-generator and
systemd-fsck that show up in the journal I referenced. Fedora stays
fairly close to upstream systemd, there really is no point for it to
be running drastically different.

--
Chris Murphy