[systemd-devel] LLDP from Zyxel – "Operation not supported"

Susant Sahani susant at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 00:05:55 PST 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:23:40 +0530, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I enabled LLDP receive for eth* in networkd. It recognizes outgoing
> packets
> sent by lldpd (on the computer itself) and by ladvd (on pfSense), but
> chokes on incoming packets sent by a Zyxel switch:
>
>> LLDP: Receive frame failed: Operation not supported

The Zyxel switch sending port subtype as

Port Id Subtype: Locally assigned (7).

Currently supported port id are

LLDP_PORT_SUBTYPE_PORT_COMPONENT:
LLDP_PORT_SUBTYPE_INTERFACE_ALIAS:
LLDP_PORT_SUBTYPE_INTERFACE_NAME:
LLDP_PORT_SUBTYPE_MAC_ADDRESS:

We need to add the LLDP_PORT_SUBTYPE_LOCALLY_ASSIGNED   = 7.

> Attaching the actual packet.
>
> (By the way, `networkctl lldp` is a bit boring – it'd be more useful to
> show the SysName instead of the TTL...)

Susant