[systemd-devel] logind: lid switch action not executed on small open/close delays

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:49:30 PST 2015

Hi

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Alad Wenter <alad at archlinux.info> wrote:
> To clarify on my last message, it's 10 seconds before suspend from lid
> switch works again.

Those delays are intentional. We have no idea how long the kernel
takes to probe all hardware during wake-up, so we have to wait for
possible docks to be detected. The kernel does not have a notion of
"settled" regarding hotplug-capable buses.

Your machine should suspend after 90s, if you keep it closed, right?

Thanks
David