[systemd-devel] failing boot start jobs delay reboot

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 14:59:41 PST 2015

Has anything been done in more recent releases about this? I do a lot of
cloning, and sometimes produce typos on grub cmdlines and fstab lines. This
produces long delays in init followed by emergency mode when the
non-essential mount fails and fstab for that device does not include the
nofail option. When I recognize early in init that I have made a fstab typo,
I try to CAD to choose another boot choice that isn't broken and fix the
typo, but that produces yet another start job wait for the same broken job,
often followed by a gazillion failed to save sound card state messages from
holding down CAD.

openSUSEes, Mageias & Fedoras (including Factories, Cauldrons & Rawhides)
comprise most of my installations subject to these self-inflicted delays that
I can't recall being a problem with sysvinit.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/