[systemd-devel] network-online.target is not down when a physical network is down

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Thu Jan 22 07:44:52 PST 2015

For a service that should be shutdown when network is not available, I
tried to use Requires=network-online.target . However, on Fedora 21
with NetworkManager that does not work. When I switch off WiFi, the
only connection on my laptop that can configure default IP route and
setup /etc/resolv.conf, network-online.target still stays active and
my service continues to run. Is it a bug in Fedora? If not, what is a
canonical way to implement such dependency?