[systemd-devel] networkd link file not setting MTU

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:32:04 PST 2015

On 01/21/2015 03:11 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found my problem:
>>
>> [root at localhost ~]# cat /usr/lib/systemd/network/99-default.link
>> [Link]
>> NamePolicy=kernel database onboard slot path
>> MACAddressPolicy=persistent
>>
>> It looks like this matches any interface and prevents any other settings
>> from being applied.
>>
>> Renaming my file to /etc/systemd/network/98-eth0.link makes it work.
>
> Great! That would explain it :)

It looks like that 99-default.link file is part of systemd, not some-
thing added by Fedora.  Given that, wouldn't it make sense to document
the effect of this file in the systemd.link man page (i.e. to document
the fact that any .link file in /etc/systemd/network *must* start with a
number below 99 in order to have any effect)?

The behavior is somewhat counter-intuitive (IMO), and the example in the
current man page (/etc/systemd/network/wireless.link) won't work.