[systemd-devel] ConditionNeedsUpdate date comparison

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut at tezduyar.com
Mon Jan 26 05:00:10 PST 2015

Hi,

condition_test_needs_update() wants the timestamp of /usr to be newer
than what is being checked.

Is there a reason why we don't check for "/usr != Condition.parameter"?

It makes sense to check for "/usr > Condition.parameter" in a package
managed linux but our embedded system is upgrading the entire /usr
partition.

ConditionNeedsUpdate=/etc is working fine when we upgrade our image
but it fails when we downgrade it since the timestamp of /usr is older
than /etc/.updated.

Umut