[systemd-devel] KillUserProcesses timeout

Mikhail Morfikov mmorfikov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:17:15 PST 2015

I'm using standalone Openbox and when I log out by killing Xserver
(ctrl+alt+backspace), some processes stay alive even though the user
logged out completely. I know there's a KillUserProcesses option in
the /etc/systemd/logind.conf file, and it works just fine, but with a
little lag. I mean, those processes in question will never exit, and
when I'm logging again almost instantly to my box, all those processes
will be killed shortly after I log -- because of KillUserProcesses .
This concerns, for instance, tmux or gpg-agent -- I want them in my
session, but I also want to kill them on logout.

The question is how to set a timeout option for this
KillUserProcesses ? For now I just have to wait 15-20sec to be sure all
process exited and that I can log without worrying some processes will
be killed after login.