[systemd-devel] failing boot start jobs delay reboot

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 06:12:59 PST 2015

> On Tue, 20.01.15 11:24, Andrei Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:
>> - stop in emergency shell when mount fails
>> - fix /etc/fstab
>> - ^D to continue boot
>>
>> no more works, because /etc/fstab is not reevaluated so systemd will
>> still try the same broken mount again.
>
> Yeah, systemd will require a "systemctl daemon-reload" first. It might
> be a good idea if distros would mention that in a comment in the
> default fstab file they install.

Hm, I vaguely remember that we discussed quite a while ago. Wasn't the
idea to trigger the daemon-reload automatically when exiting the
emergency/rescue shell?

Could be as simple as changing emergency.service from

 ExecStart=-/bin/sh -c "/sbin/sulogin; /bin/systemctl --fail --no-block default"

 ExecStart=-/bin/sh -c "/sbin/sulogin; /bin/systemctl daemon-reload;
/bin/systemctl --fail --no-block default"

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?