[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] systemd-222 around the corner

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Tue Jul 7 01:57:32 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Michael Olbrich
<m.olbrich at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 07:54:41PM +0200, David Herrmann wrote:
>> We intend to release v222 tomorrow. If anyone has open issues that
>> need to be in that release, please speak up. Right now, the release
>> consists almost exclusively of bug-fixes, and we want to get those
>> into distributions.
>
> This will be a release without 'distcheck' tarballs, right?

Without any tarballs at all. We will only sign the git tag. Putting
unsigned tarballs on a plain file server is not enough today, and we
do not want be required to sign them. Therefore, tarballs need to be
downloaded from github or the user creates them from the git
repository.

> If that's the
> case, then please merge https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/505 or make
> libgcrypt optional in some other way.

Hmm, this seems a bit out-of-scope for the systemd build system. Why
don't you just add the usually used stub lines for things you want to
optimize out:
  echo 'AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT],[:])' > m4/gcrypt.m4
,
Kay