[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] systemd-222 around the corner

Richard Maw richard.maw at codethink.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 02:00:50 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 10:10:35AM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 07:54:41PM +0200, David Herrmann wrote:
> This will be a release without 'distcheck' tarballs, right? If that's the
> case, then please merge https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/505 or make
> libgcrypt optional in some other way.

A colleague of mine tried to get a similar patch in a couple of years ago,
though we were building from git rather than release tarballs.

I'd guess it's more likely to be accepted now, since the justification
for not doing so was that "It's acceptable that building directly from
git requires more dependencies than a release tarball".

The suggested alternative fix at the time was to submit a patch to make
libgcrypt have a proper pkg-config file, so it can be detected in a
different way, which more easily handles the library not being present.